Subject: Re: Help with RAIDframe
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=F8rgen_N=F8rgaard?= <jnp@napolinet.dk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/20/2006 23:00:22
Hello,

On Jan 20, 2006, at 20:20, Jukka Salmi wrote:

> J=F8rgen N=F8rgaard --> netbsd-help (2006-01-20 19:31:08 +0100):
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am trying to configure a system, netbsd 3.0, to use RAIDFRAME for a
>> raid-1 system.
>>
>> Following the instructions in the manual I am slightly confused by
>> section 15.3.7, Setting up kernel dumps.
>>
>> After some calculation, the disklabel for wd1 is set, and disklabel
>> warns that the RAID partition and the swap partition overlap.
>> But this is about the only place the documentation does state that it
>> is safe to ignore warnings.
>
> It is indeed safe to ignore this warning, but where does the guide say
> this?

My typing mistake, the guide does not say so, that is why I asked ;-)

In may other places it tells to ignore warnings ...

>> The numbers in the example seems to suggest that there is a overlap,
>> but I am not certain if this is actually correct.
>
> Yes, it is. And that's what chapter 15.3.7 is about: creating
> overlapping disk partitions...

Thanks for the answer!

> HTH, Jukka
>
> --=20
> bashian roulette:
> $ ((RANDOM%6)) || rm -rf ~

--=20
Hilsen
j=F8rgen n=F8rgaard
p=E5 vegne af A/B Napoli      | Blegdamsvej 70/Trepkasgade 8
e-mail: jnp@napolinet.dk    | 2100 K=F8benhavn =D8
Telefon: 3539 6577          | Mobil: 2627 3769