Subject: Re: [3.0 i386] ipfilter?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Sylvain Briole <sbriole.mls@free.fr>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/20/2006 08:34:35
Hi James,

> > Since my computer can not directly boot on the big hard disk drive (40
> > GB) because of the BIOS, I use the NetBSD Install ISO CD-ROM to boot and
> > then use the "boot -a" at the prompt.
> When you type "boot -a", the kernel hasn't booted yet, you know.  That
> prompt is provided by the first stage boot loader.  Have another look at
> the mbr(8) and boot(8) man pages.

I know : but my hard-disk is not recognized by the BIOS : I have to boot from
the NetBSD Install CD-ROM, then "boot -a", then give "wd0a" for the root
partition, "wd0b" for the dump device. The kernel recognizes my hard-disk, the
BIOS/boot loader not.
I cannot directly give "boot hd0a:netbsd" at the prompt.

Sylvain.