Subject: Re: GENERIC won't config?
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Chuck Zmudzinski <brchuck@hotmail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/19/2006 22:34:19
----- Original Message -----
From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden@schemamania.org>
To: <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2006 10:19 PM

> Chuck Zmudzinski wrote:
> > James K. Lowden wrote:
> >
> > >What have I done?  Back in July I built a custom kernel for my Soekris
> > >box.  Now I want to adjust it, and nothing works.
> > >$ config GENERIC
> > >../../../../netinet/files.ipfilter:22: syntax error
> > >../../../../net/files.pf:16: syntax error
>
> > What are your TOOLDIR and USETOOLS mk variables set to? I think it is in
> >
> > /etc/mk.conf or in the environment.
>
> Does that matter?  I ask because config(8) is complaining, not make.
> FWIW, they're not defined afaict.
>
> $ make -V TOOLDIR -V USETOOLS
> $ env | grep -E 'TOOLDIR|USETOOLS'
> $ grep -E 'TOOLDIR|USETOOLS' /etc/mk.conf
> [no output]
>
> Thanks, though.
>
> --jkl

I thought that since you might have updated the toolchain it might make a
difference, and I have had to adjust some of the mk variables when building
the system or kernels as opposed to building packages, but I use build.sh to
config and build kernels and the system. You are probably right that those
variables don't matter when you run config manually to configure a kernel.

Chuck Zmdzinski