Subject: Re: PCI embedded HP Smart Array 5i Controler
To: None <richard.carre@equant.com>
From: Joseph A. Dacuma <jadacuma@ched.gov.ph>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/18/2006 21:04:39
> Hi,
>
> Do you confirm there is still no NetBSD Machine-independant driver for PCI
> embedded HP Smart Array 5i Controler ?
>
> Thanks&Regards.
>
> RICHARD CARRE
> Equant
> NMMS/SNE/SDE/ Multimedia Service Engineering
> 9 rue du Chęne Germain
> BP91235 - Cesson Sévigné
> Cedex 35512
> Phone:             +33 2 23 28  39 91
> Fax:                   +33 2 23 28 45 80
>
> richard.carre@equant.com http://www.equant.com

Hi!

There's none for NetBSD at least until 3.0 release. There is however for
FreeBSD and just recently OpenBSD 3.8. I tried installing both 5.x/6.x for
FreeBSD, works fine. For OpenBSD, its quite slow for a RAID 5
configuration compared to FreeBSD.

I'm still hoping that HP/Compaq Smart Array 5/6i controllers be supported
by the mighty NetBSD in the not so distant future. :)

HTH,

Joseph