Subject: Re: [3.0 i386] ipfilter?
To: Sylvain Briole <sbriole.mls@free.fr>
From: Roberto <roberto@redix.it>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/17/2006 15:18:58
> Hi Christos,
>
>>># ipf -V
>>>ipf: IP Filter: v4.1.8 (396)
>>>open device: Device not configured
>>>
>>>What's that? Do I need to recompile a kernel?
>> Yes, you probably do need to recompile the kernel. Which kernel are
>> you running with? GENERIC has:
>>     pseudo-device   ipfilter                # IP filter (firewall) and NAT
>
> The official Generic Kernel from :
> ftp://iso2.de.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/iso/3.0/i386cd-3.0.iso
>
> How may I know if this option is set into the kernel I am using?

I know the supplied kernels include the configuration file itself.
You should open your running kernel with "vi" and search for
"START CONFIG FILE" string: after that there should be info you need (ipfilter
is defined or not ? or is it commented with an "#"?)

BTW, on netbsd-GENERIC from multicd1.iso the ipfilter is compiled in.

Roberto