Subject: Re: netbsd wlan ap
To: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Nov=E1k_=C1ron?= <aaron@szentimre.hu>
From: Hernani Marques Madeira <hernani@vecirex.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/16/2006 19:41:01
On Fri, Jan 13, 2006 at 06:21:59PM +0100, Novák Áron wrote:

> Hi,

Hello

> I decided to use my netbsd nat box as a wireless access point.
> I found a howto in this topic:
> https://www.unixcircle.com/features/802.11b_netbsd.php
> This guide is tested with NetBSD 1.6ZG.
>
> Do I need to recompile the kernel to make an access point if I use the
> 3.0 version of netbsd?

It's only the driver for your wlan card that you have to compile into your
kernel.

> Were can I found a recent list about what type of cards/chipsets can act
> as an access point?

See e.g. the ath(4) manpage or the wi(4) one, where you'll find out that
they provide "hostap" functionality.

Search in your wlan card's driver manpage for this expression, indicating
that your card supports to run in access point mode.

--
hernani