Subject: Re: /usr/src/gnu/dist/groff update problem
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Jeff <beaker@freeshell.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/10/2006 19:27:11
Jeff_W<beaker@freeshell.org> wrote:

> Just tried rebuilding /usr/src/gnu/dist/groff so as to get the mom.tmac
> stuff. It build okay but everything ended up under /usr/local instead of
> /usr/ .  I used the following to update and build it:
>
>   # su
>   # cd /usr/src
>   # env=CVS_RSH=ssh cvs update -d -P -r netbsd-3-0 gnu/dist/groff
>   # cd gnu/dist/groff
>   # make USETOOLS=no
>   # make USETOOLS=no install
>
>  (src tree already fresh - I just did the cvs update thing to be thorough)
>
> Clearly I'm missing something but what?  The system was recently upgraded
> from 1.6.2 to 3.0 via the sysinst utility + postinstall.

Doh!  Seems I was bypassing the netbsd conversion; the following
builds groff and installs it in the right place:

  # cd /usr/src
  # env CVS_RSH=ssh cvs update -d -P -r netbsd-3-0 gnu/usr.bin/groff/
  # cd gnu/usr.bin/groff/
  # su
  # make USETOOLS=no cleandir dependall
  # make USETOOLS=no install

Unfortunately, the mom.tmac stuff doesn't get built.  I think an
out-of-date /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/groff/Makefile.inc ( a freeBSD
import) is the culprit, as clearly the mom macro is present - just
not getting built.