Subject: Re: Can not install any package in NetBSD-3.0
To: Bogdan M. <bmihal@rdslink.ro>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/04/2006 09:52:23
On Wed, 4 Jan 2006, Bogdan M. wrote:

> I have made the transition form NetBSD-2.0 to NetBSD-3.0, on an amd64
> architecture. The installation was perfect, the network works, the system
> boots well, I have downloaded and installed pkgsrc, but I have one great
> problem: I can't seem to be able to install any package. Whatever package I
> try to install, I end up with the following error message:
>
> make: " ../../mk/tools/../../mk/tools/../../mk/tools/../../mk/tools/make.mk"
> line 50: Malformed conditional (!empty(_USE_TOOLS: Mgmake))

Where or how did you download pkgsrc?

I assume you retrieved a tarball of pkgsrc (current not a stable branch).
It has been reported a few times recently that the current pkgsrc tarball
had some errors in it.

Please consider using "cvs up -dP" to update your pkgsrc and try again. or
consider using the stable pkgsrc instead.

  Jeremy C. Reed

  	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
 	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/