Subject: Re: is there an easy or "correct" way to clean up after building
To: Dennis den Brok <d.den.brok@gmx.net>
From: Mike M. Volokhov <mishka@NetBSD.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/03/2006 14:19:17
On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 11:45:49 +0100
Dennis den Brok <d.den.brok@gmx.net> wrote:

> A faster way of doing so is provided by pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkgclean, AFAIR.
[snip]

I believe the "echo pkgsrc/*/*/work | xargs rm -rf" on default pkgsrc
installation will do almost the same (altough I don't know how pkgclean
works). I'm personally using the following setup (/etc/mk.conf
fragment):

	WRKOBJDIR=		${PKGSRCDIR}/wrkobjdir-GLOBAL
	CREATE_WRKDIR_SYMLINK=	no

Then to clean up working directories just "rm -rf pkgsrc/wrkobjdir-GLOBAL".
A "make cleandir" from the top of pkgsrc directory should also works.

And of course "lintpkgsrc -o" (pkgtools/pkglint) will gave you a list
of all obsolete distfiles; with addition of "-r" flag you can also
remove them "on the fly".

--
Have fun!
Mishka.