Subject: ACPI suspend
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Nick Guggemos <nick.guggemos@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/02/2006 02:52:28
Hi List,
Is there an equivelent command to apm(8)/zzz(8) for ACPI on NetBSD
3.0?  There is a long thread in the January 2005 tech-kern
mailing-list archive that hints that ACPI suspend/resume might work
now.   However, the man pages are silent about how to do this from
userland.  My laptop (a Dell 600m) runs NetBSD 3.0 beautifully, except
that I can't find the command to suspend.   Can someone point me in
the right direction?  I would really like to be able to set up some
scripts in /etc/powerd/scripts that do something besides turning off
the backlight and putting the wireless card in powersave mode...

--
Nick Guggemos