Subject: Incorporate Silicon Image 0680 driver into kernel config file
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Sam Pham <anhmn@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/29/2005 07:15:23
Hi,

My custom board has the disk controller Silicon Image
0680 which controls 3 ATA drives - 2 of them are on
its ATA bus and the 3rd one is on its second bus.  So
I tried to include their drivers into the kernel
config file as follows:

mainbus* at root

#
# Configuration, Control, and Status register space
# This device is the parent of all drivers for the
MPC85xx's on-chip devices.
#
# Child devices of "ccsr" have the following locators:
#

ccsr0	at mainbus?

pchb0	at ccsr? addr 0x08000

pci*	at pchb?
pci*	at ppb? bus ?

pciide* at pci? dev ? function ? flags 0x0000	#
GENERIC pciide driver

# Silicon Image 0680 IDE disk controller.  The 0x0002
flag disables DMA.
cmdide* at pci? dev ? function ? flags 0x0002
options PCIIDE_CMD064x_DISABLE		# Disable PCI064x
controller.

atabus* 	at ata? channel ?
wd*		at atabus? drive ? flags 0x0000

But when I ran my kernel, I received the kernel panic:

CMD Technology SiI0680 (IDE mass storage, interface
0x85, revision 0x02) at ? dev 16 function 0 (intrswiz
0, intrpin 0x1, i/o on, mem on, no quirks)
cmdide0: Silicon Image 0680 (rev. 0x02)
cmdide0: bus-master DMA support present, but unused
(forced off by config file)
cmdide0: primary channel wired to native-PCI mode
panic: pci_intr_string: bogus handle 0x0
Stopped in pid 0.1 (swapper) at
netbsd:cpu_Debugger+0x10:       lwz     r0, r1, 0
x14
db>

Can anyone give me a guideline of what need to be
included in the kernel config file for a PCI IDE
controller's driver, preferrably the Silicon Image
0680, and the ATAs' driver?

Thanks,

Sam