Subject: Installboot might be the answer?
To: netbsd-help <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Mark Thomas <thomas.s.mark@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/19/2005 19:41:03
Not really sure if installboot is the correct way to approach this. My
problem is I have to install NT on this PC which currently only runs
NetBSD. The PC has two drives installed, wd0 ( netbsd ) and wd1 ( NTFS
file system no OS ). Reading the man pages it sounds like I can use
'installboot' but I'm at a loss on how to go about it. I guess I could
swap the drives around so the NTFS drive is wd0 but that would
screw-up the current booting process with netbsd. Anyone ever do
something like this before? I don't have a problem using a separate
boot manager either but wouldn't that mean I would have to change the
MBR? For the curious, the drive still has NTFS because it's full of
data that I don't want to lose and I've been to busy/lazy to get it
off. *grin* Of course if it means formatting the drive to get this
working I'll move the data right away. :-)

To summarize, I need to install and boot NT from another drive, currently w=
d1.

Drive configuration;
wd0 NetBSD
wd1 NTFS file system without OS, this is the drive that will get NT.

OS NetBSD 2.0.2
Thanks for any suggestions

--
 _
( ) Mark Thomas     ASCII ribbon campaign