Subject: Applications fail to start after upgrade
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: None <jonesd@xmission.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/04/2005 12:39:08
This message is in MIME format.

--=_chvr4r65dk0

Greetings.  I just updated my NetBSD box to NetBSD 2.1 from NetBSD 1.6.2.
Since then, I have built several packages and some of them fail to start.  I
have attached a text file that shows what happens (along with uname results
for
system details).  The example in the attached file shows gnumeric attempting
to start, but audacity and abiword give the same result/error message.
However, firefox starts with no problems.  My pkgsrc was up to date when I
built the packages.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dominic
--=_chvr4r65dk0

Script started on Sun Dec  4 12:34:25 2005
anya: {1} uname -a
NetBSD anya 2.1 NetBSD 2.1 (GENERIC) #0: Mon Oct 24 22:35:45 UTC 2005  jmc@faith.netbsd.org:/home/builds/ab/netbsd-2-1-RELEASE/i386/200510241747Z-obj/home/builds/ab/netbsd-2-1-RELEASE/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC i386
anya: {2} gnumeric
The program 'gnumeric' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)'.
  (Details: serial 1644 error_code 8 request_code 72 minor_code 0)
anya: {3} exit
anya: {4} exit

Script done on Sun Dec  4 12:34:39 2005

--=_chvr4r65dk0--