Subject: Re: Install NetBSD 2.0 #prot_to_real can't return to 5B520000
To: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
From: Luc Desfosses <luc.desfosses@atosorigin.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/30/2005 10:26:37
Hi, Thank for your response...!

 > oh, have you installed NetBSD on any other hardware?

I've already install NetBSD on some computer
and i use it on my laptop everyday.

 > Tell us exactly what you have done, and what you see on the screen.
 > Also where did the build come from etc.

I put the CD into the cr-rom and start the IBM IntelliStation
Mpro.

The station boot from CD, and then appear the "number" who
grow up and the thing who turn fast "-/|\" one time.
And immediately after, i've got "exit" a many time during
may be two second, and then:

prot_to_real can't return to 5B520000

and it's all...!

if i press start, the old OS start (old FreeBSD).

 > or tried to boot the install CD (if that is what you are using)
 > on anything else.

Yes, and i've try 3 CD different NetBSD 2.0, 2.0.2
and one 1.6.2

FYI;

The IBM IntelliStation Mpro's bios is full of feature,
and i've only one PIII one that station who can have two.

But dragonfly, debian and a NetBSD live start well...