Subject: SATA-controller, do I need to port/write a driver?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Danielsson <jan.danielsson@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/19/2005 21:25:41
--------------enig74CFFB710A7DDB5131F9DC30

Hello all,

I need help, and some recommendations.

   Any of these supported by NetBSD? If so, which one would be a good
choice?

Adaptec SATAConnect 1205SA, prod. id 2047600EU

Belkin Serial ATA PCI Card, F5U198.

Maxtor SATA/150 PCI Card, K14PCSATA

Promise FastTrak TX2200, FASTTRAKTX2200

Promise SATAII150 TX2plus, SATAII150TX2PLUS

Promise SATAII150 TX4, SATAII150TX4

   Someone warned me eariler about Adaptec, because they are very
unhelpful when it comes to open source projects, so I assume that I
should ignore Adaptec. How about the others?

   Porting/writing a driver is an option, but I would prefer if the card
I buy would just work.

--
Kind Regards,
Jan Danielsson