Subject: Re: sun 4 way pci network card
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Onno Ebbinge <onno.ebbinge@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/12/2005 10:49:39
> > YEs, you need to add the hme(4) driver to your kernel config file,
> > at last.  Also, you may need to upgrade your kenrel to a more recent
> > current (maybe 3.0_BETA would do it too).
>
> Thanks! This worked beautifully.

Quite cool that it worked.
=20
> To plug other computers in to these ports, will I need to use straight
> CAT5 cables, or reversed ones?

For PC-to-PC you need a crossover cable. In general (but not always!)=20
you can say that a device type that connects to the same device type=20
(PC-to-PC, hub-to-hub, router-to-router) needs a crossover cable. In other
cases you can try a straight cable first and see if the link led "sees the
other side", if not try a cross.=20

Regards,
Onno