Subject: Re: How can I suspend my laptop using ACPI-CA ?
To: Rui Paulo <rpaulo@NetBSD.org>
From: Claudio M. Camacho <claudiomcd@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/11/2005 20:20:16
Rui Paulo wrote:

>On 2005.09.09 20:53:50 +0200, Claudio M. Camacho wrote:
>| Hi there, here's the newbie again!
>|
>| I built my current-kernel (3.99.8) with ACPI support. All the events are
>| shown (for instance when I open/close the lid, and so on..) but I really
>| don't know how to use ACPI cause I didn't find any command like
>| 'acpiconf' in FreeBSD or by echoing /proc or /sys under Linux.
>|
>| Can anyone tell me how to control ACPI in NetBSD? What's the command(s)
>| for that?
>
>powerd(8) will help you.

I already know that I have to create scripts (like lid_switch) under
/etc/powerd/scripts, but I don't know the _command_ to put the computer
into sleep mode. I just know how to poweroff or reboot by the proper
commands, but I'd like to know if there's anyhow to create a script with
a command which puts the computer into sleep.

Thanks again!

--
Claudio M. Camacho
http://www.claudiocamacho.org