Subject: i386/conf/GENERIC 2.1_RC3 dangleing reference atapi?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Rudi Ludwig <rudihl@gmx.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/11/2005 19:45:44
Hello:

I configured and compiled a new kernel. (checked out netbsd-2
a few day ago.) The rest is a plain 2.0.2 iso-install.

configuration was done with adjustkernel using the file
GENERIC ,v 1.595.2.11.2.2 2005/07/21 19:27:58 riz Exp $
as a Master in arch/i386/conf.

After uncommenting 'atabus* at ata?' and 'atapibus* at atapi?' like
suggested in the man page 'config' runs without complaint and make
depend && make compiles a kernel with no problems.

Unfortunately the new kernel does not find my cd drive.

Reading backward through the kernel configuration file:

# ATAPI devices
# flags have the same meaning as for IDE drives.
cd*     at atapibus? drive ? flags 0x0000       # ATAPI CD-ROM drives

is present, which gets mapped to

# ATAPI bus support
atapibus* at atapi?

but there's the end.

Either this should read
atapibus* at atabus?

or some
atapi* at atabus?

seams missing. Anyone who know the right answer? Unfortunatly I'm not
skilled enough to answer it from the source myself.

TIA

Rudi