Subject: problems building firefox
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Rob Hamrick <rph@chaosnet.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/10/2005 11:29:59
Thanks for getting back to me.  Well, I did a cvs update of the pkgsrc
tree yesterday so I imagine that's ok.

I had autoconf213 intalled on my first attempt to build firefox.  I
upgraded to 2.59 to see if that would help and I got the following:

 ===> Configuring for firefox-1.0.6nb2
 cd /usr/pkgsrc/www/firefox/work/mozilla && autoconf
 build/autoconf/altoptions.m4:140: error: m4_defn: undefined macro: _m4_divert_diversion
 build/autoconf/altoptions.m4:137: MOZ_READ_MOZCONFIG is expanded from...
 build/autoconf/altoptions.m4:140: the top level
 autom4te: /usr/pkg/bin/gm4 failed with exit status: 1
 *** Error code 1

 Stop.
 make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/www/firefox
 ===>
 ===> There was an error during the ``configure'' phase.
 ===> Please investigate the following for more information:
 ===>      * config.log
 ===>      * /usr/pkgsrc/www/firefox/work/.work.log
 ===>
 *** Error code 1

 Stop.
 make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/www/firefox

There is no config.log and .work.log doesn't show much.

-Rob