Subject: Re: Pine pauses a lot
To: Thomas.Feddersen <thomas.feddersen@t-online.de>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/05/2005 12:50:43
On Mon, 5 Sep 2005, Thomas.Feddersen wrote:

>> Using pine from pine-4.62nb2 package on NetBSD/i386 2.0.2.
>>
>> It pauses a lot. Sometimes I have to wait around five or more seconds.

I am not sure why this got replied to the list. I didn't see any other
comments.

The pine developers looked at my detailed debugging and they told me it
was a clock issue.

I had already been told my CPU has a broken TSC (related to some other
problems I had brought up).

I build a kernel with updates in arch/i386/i386/cpu.c and
arch/i386/i386/identcpu.c all appears to be good for over a month now.

This also fixed problems with negatime times shown by ps(1) and also BIND
"time warp" problems. Also, my system would kernel panic, but has not
happened since kernel update (I have a PR about this).

  Jeremy C. Reed

  	  	 	 Low cost press releases
 	  	 	 http://www.reedmedia.net/