Subject: Re: pipesize + growisofs
To: Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
From: Dawid Busse <darthbula@o2.pl>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/03/2005 22:01:42
On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 10:39:05AM -0400, Chuck Swiger wrote:
> >2) Any other ideas how to do some growisofs buffering?
>
> While lots of things are possible, the most reliable way of getting an
> image available for high-speed burning is to prepare the .iso image
> seperately into a file via mkisofs, and then burn that file directly.
> Creating the .iso image can require a lot of disk seeks and so forth which
> are minimized when you just read a single large image file.

I always make an image when burning from different parts of disk, my
problem is burning dvd's while doing other disk I/O - with growisofs
this results immediately in more and more buffer underruns. I need some
fifo such like cdrecord has.

I found pipebuf tool at http://www.jankratochvil.net/project/pipebuf/
but it failed to compile for me...

Thanks for answer,