Subject: compling mbr for boot from wd1?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Scott Presnell <srp@tworoads.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/01/2005 14:01:52
Hi,
	I'm trying to create a dual boot system with XP on the first drive (wd0)
and NetBSD (3.0 beta if it matters) on wd1.  Everything's installed fine, and I
can get from the CD bootloader over to wd1 and boot NetBSD from wd1 no
problem. Now I'd like to add an entry to the NT boot menu on wd0.  I've done
this successfully when everyone's on the same disk, but not from separate disks.

Under the i386 FAQ entry:

 >"Adding NetBSD to the Windows NT boot menu"

This:

 >"Please note that if you don't have NetBSD on your first disk, you'll have to
 >recompile the bootblock and install it, before you can run the above command.
 >(For the recompiling you need some minor tweaking in
 >/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/boot)."

would seem to indicate that I need to compile a custom mbr in
/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/stand/mbr.

but I don't know/understand what change to make to mbr.S  If someone could
clue me into what change to make I would appreciate it.

	Thanks.

	- Scott