Subject: Re: NFS locking
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Mike M. Volokhov <mishka@apk.od.ua>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/01/2005 17:37:52
On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 18:38:45 +0200
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org> wrote:

> > > Some of these PRs may be fixed.
> >
> > Fixed or closed? Any chances to get nfsrcvlk hangs off?
>
> Not closed as far as I can see, but I've no NFS problems on my systems ...

What is options you are using for NFS mounts? Simply

	mount_nfs remotehost:/exported/tree /mnt/point

... will cause mentioned problems for me.

After rereading once more all that PRs I've set read/write data sizes
to 1024 (less than Ethernet MTU I believe) and this now works for me
very well. Using 8192 for these parametres will produce much less
errors (no errors at fact after testing for six days or so), but file
operations with big data works much slower than as with 1024 -r/-w.

--
Mishka.