Subject: Re: set shell
To: Marcelo Avalos <marcelo.netbsd@gmail.com>
From: Rui Paulo <rpaulo@NetBSD.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/30/2005 12:35:28
On 2005.07.29 18:09:57 +0000, Marcelo Avalos wrote:
| Hi:
|
| By mistake I set the root shell to "basch" after install bash and now,
| when try to use xterm I recibe a error message:
|
| "xterm: Could not exec basch: No such file or directory"
|
| I change the pasword and master.pasword files, but is the same.  Any
| ideas? I install 2.0.2, I may use the cd for changes this?

Boot into single user mode, mount the filesystems read-write and use
vipw(8) or chsh(8) to change the shell.
You can just change /etc/passwd and /etc/master.passwd because the
"real" files are the databases: /etc/pwd.db and /etc/spwd.db.

So, to boot into single user mode, type "boot -s" in the bootloader
prompt. And to mount all the filesystems "mount -a" should be enough.
After changing the shell, press Ctrl-D and you should going into multi-user.

		-- Rui Paulo