Subject: Re: databases/abook pkg
To: David Bariod <david.bariod@wanadoo.fr>
From: David Bariod <david.bariod@wanadoo.fr>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/27/2005 07:19:33

--0-1081760346-1122441573=:755

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005, David Bariod wrote:

> Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 07:23:47 +0200 (CEST)
> From: David Bariod <david.bariod@wanadoo.fr>
> To: Peter I. Hansen <pih@xbase.dk>
> Cc: David Bariod <david.bariod@wanadoo.fr>, netbsd-help@netbsd.org
> Subject: Re: databases/abook pkg
>
> On Wed, 20 Jul 2005, Peter I. Hansen wrote:
>
>> Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 09:38:38 +0200
>> From: Peter I. Hansen <pih@xbase.dk>
>> To: David Bariod <david.bariod@wanadoo.fr>, netbsd-help@netbsd.org
>> Subject: Re: databases/abook pkg
>>
>> David Bariod wrote:
>>>     Hello all,
>>>
>>> I don't know if this mailing is the more appropriate,
>>> if not please let me know.
>>> I have a few problem with the databases/abook
>>> package.
>>> It is a curses address book.
>>> I do not have so much knowledge about the curses library
>>> so I don't know if the bug is in the library
>>> or if the package is incorrectly using the library.
>>
>> I've been annoyed by this problem for a long time...
>>
>> I can tell you that I've tried the same vesion of abook on Linux, and it
>> works there. I don't know if that is buildt with another curses library.
>>
>> I hope your diff gets included in the package :)
>>

> When I have time, I'll try to build
> this package against the devel/ncurses library.

There is different behaviour between the bsd curses library
and the ncurses library.
The small test sample in attached file shows it.
When linking with ncurses library, the screen is properly cleared
after the call with erase and that does not happen with the bsd curses
library.
Seems to be a bug in the bsd implementation.

David Bariod
--0-1081760346-1122441573=:755
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--0-1081760346-1122441573=:755--