Subject: Re: asymetric ping
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/21/2005 06:01:15
On 7/20/05, James K. Lowden <jklowden@schemamania.org> wrote:
> Chuck Swiger wrote:
> > James K. Lowden wrote:
> > > I think I'm having a local Ethernet problem.  I've swapped cables and
> > > rebooted the hardware, even used different interfaces to the extent I
> > > can, but my LAN is still partly broken, afaict.

Did you happen to try another OS on the router to be sure?

I had an AIX machine that acted sort of like this, couldn't figure it
out. The built in ethernet adapter on the mainboard (backplane I think
they are called?) was flaky.

Those errors in netstat shouldn't be there. It's either a bad software
implementation or broke hardware (and if it's NetBSD, that probably
isn't the problem, right? :)

Andy