Subject: databases/abook pkg
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: David Bariod <david.bariod@wanadoo.fr>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/20/2005 07:36:39

--0-110740054-1121837799=:559

     Hello all,

I don't know if this mailing is the more appropriate,
if not please let me know.
I have a few problem with the databases/abook
package.
It is a curses address book.
I do not have so much knowledge about the curses library
so I don't know if the bug is in the library
or if the package is incorrectly using the library.

The application is basically build with one top window
which displays a list of address.
When displaying a given entry a sub window is created
and is used to display the full content
of an entry.
At this time the content of the main window is still
visible, and when exiting the sub-window the content
of the sub-window is also still visible, and this
is not the expected behaviour.

The application rely on the use of erase() and refresh()
to clean up the displaying of former window and that
does not work.
It seems it is needed to use werase() and wrefresh()
to perform real clean-up of the screen.
I've added diff files in attachment.
Any ideas ?

David Bariod
--0-110740054-1121837799=:559

MTZhMTcNCj4gI2luY2x1ZGUgPGFzc2VydC5oPg0KNDRjNDUNCjwgDQotLS0N
Cj4gZXh0ZXJuIFdJTkRPVyAqIGxpc3Q7DQozNDJhMzQ0LDM0Ng0KPiANCj4g
ICAgICAgICB3Y2xlYXIobGlzdCk7DQo+ICAgICAgICAgd3JlZnJlc2gobGlz
dCk7DQozNDRhMzQ5DQo+ICAgICAgICAgcmVmcmVzaCgpOw0K

--0-110740054-1121837799=:559

MjdhMjgNCj4gZXh0ZXJuIFdJTkRPVyAqIGxpc3Q7DQoxMDVhMTA3LDEwOA0K
PiAgICAgICAgIHdlcmFzZShsaXN0KTsNCj4gICAgICAgICB3cmVmcmVzaChs
aXN0KTsNCjEwNmExMTANCj4gICAgICAgICByZWZyZXNoKCk7DQoxMjdhMTMy
LDEzNQ0KPiAgICAgICAgIHdlcmFzZShlZGl0dyk7DQo+ICAgICAgICAgd3Jl
ZnJlc2goZWRpdHcpOw0KPiAgICAgICAgIGVyYXNlKCk7DQo+ICAgICAgICAg
cmVmcmVzaCgpOw0K

--0-110740054-1121837799=:559--