Subject: Re: HowTo move NetBSD 2.0.2 from larger to smaller HardDisk?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Karsten Kruse <tecneeq@gmx.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/19/2005 12:40:02
bsd.petr@seznam.cz wrote:

> i need to move my NetBSD 2.0.2 from old 4 GB HDD to new 1.2 GB HDD.

To free up space:
  - empty /tmp
  - remove archived logfiles in /var/log
  - deinstall packages with pkg_delete (if you want get rid of everything
    use this: "pkg_delete -f \*")
  - clean up in /home/*
  - tar up or delete /usr/src, /usr/xsrc, /usr/pkgsrc and so on

To get the rest to your new disk:
  - put the new disk in
  - perform a standard-install via boot-cd or ftp (only kernel, base and
    etc sets are needed) on the new disk and reboot into your new system
  - mount the old disk to /mnt and copy everything:
    cp -Rp /mnt/* /

Karsten Kruse

--
         Homepage, Mac68k, A/UX-Links und Shorties: www.tecneeq.de