Subject: Re: webcams?
To: Thomas Runge <coto@core.de>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/18/2005 09:15:41
On Mon, Jul 18, 2005 at 01:38:19PM +0200, Thomas Runge wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Jul 2005, Richard Rauch wrote:
 [...]
> Linux has quite a lot of drivers for USB cams, but almost all
> are either reverse engineered or under NDA, some with binary
> only parts.

Hm...well, I was going to put GNU/LINUX on a spare machine anyway,
to see where they were at these days.  Right now, that machine
has no hard drive and the only CD drive in it is a SCSI CD-RW
with which I have never managed to boot.  (Or, perhaps I should
say, I've not managed to boot off of any drive attached to
the SCSI controller that it's using; (^&.)

But I probably wouldn't bother attaching a good monitor
to it.  But I imagine that it's not too hard to pull images
from it over ethernet, if I can get a compatible webcam
attached.

> >The problem is that these aren't products in a sense that I
> >can use.  (^&  And the products that I *can* use never say
 [...]
> Thats easy:
> http://alpha.dyndns.org/ov511/cameras.html

Ah.  I didn't know about that site.  Thanks.

That helps quite a bit.