Subject: Problems with COMCASTS brainless dhcp and Tech Support
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Gruhn <tgruhn2@mail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/16/2005 23:48:21
After about 2 weeks of Internet access via COMCAST I lost internet access.
When I finally fixed it I learned I need to enter /sbin/dhclient -d everymo=
ring
when I bring NetBSD up. I get this back :

Internet Software Consortium DHCP Client V3.0.1rc11
Copyright 1995-2002 Internet Software Consortium.
All rights reserved.
For info, please visit http://www.isc.org/products/DHCP

Listening on BPF/rtk0/00:02:2a:b1:9e:87
Sending on   BPF/rtk0/00:02:2a:b1:9e:87
Sending on   Socket/fallback
DHCPREQUEST on rtk0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67
ip length 360 disagrees with bytes received 364.
accepting packet with data after udp payload.
DHCPACK from 10.71.168.1
New Network Number: 68.84.11.0
New Broadcast Address: 255.255.255.255
bound to 68.84.11.16 -- renewal in 165488 seconds.
ip length 387 disagrees with bytes received 391.
accepting packet with data after udp payload.
ip length 387 disagrees with bytes received 391.
accepting packet with data after udp payload.
ip length 387 disagrees with bytes received 391.
accepting packet with data after udp payload.
ip length 387 disagrees with bytes received 391.
accepting packet with data after udp payload.
ip length 370 disagrees with bytes received 374.
[...]

Why do packet lengths consistently differ by 4 bytes?
Is there a way to fix this in the /etc/rc.d/dhclient script -- /etc/rc.conf=
 script?

Thanks=20
Todd

--=20