Subject: Unable to display from X11 apps from Solaris
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Mehul Sanghvi <mehul.sanghvi@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/15/2005 18:46:18
'allo,

    I've got NetBSD 2.0 running on a SPARC Ultra2 system.  I've got
X11 running on it and it
seems to work fine.  I'm logged in as root (working on getting AMD to
work in a manner
similar to Solaris automount so as to get home directories, etc.).

   I log into a Solaris system, set the DISPLAY environment variable
to my Ultra2, I have
disabled access control so any host should be able to display on my
Ultra2.  But none of the
applications from Solaris (xterm, xload, etc.) are able to open the
display.  I get errors
of the following type:

   Error: Can't open display: batman:0.0

I've tried using IP address instead of hostname, I've tried to use the
FQDN also, but
none of those options seems to work.  I just can not get anything to
display back
to the Ultra2.

Am I missing something here ?=20

I have  WindowsXP laptop, on which I run Cygwin/X11 and I am able to
display back to that
from the same Solaris boxes that can't display back to the Ultra2.

cheers,

    mehul

--=20
Mehul N. Sanghvi