Subject: Re: Installing to seperate partition
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/13/2005 20:57:28
On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 08:17:34PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 01:37:38PM +1000, frank brierley wrote:
> > How do you tell the netbsd install software which partition to install
> > to?  There is an install to here flag settable in the fdisk portion of
> > the process but that didn't seem to send the install where it needed to go.
>
> Are you talking about MBR partition or NetBSD's disklabel partition ?
> For MBR partition, sysinst will install to the first partition of type
> 169, I think.

As above it SHOULD use the partition on which you set the I flag.
More correctly that is the partition that the next phase of the
installation will split into netbsd partitions.
The actual installation will go into the '/' partition of the final
disklabel editing menu.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk