Subject: Re: CUPS setup questions- almost there (perhaps)
To: Brian McEwen <bmcewen@comcast.net>
From: Peter Bui <pbui@nd.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/11/2005 09:09:10
On 08:13 Mon 11 Jul     , Brian McEwen wrote:
> ..
> /usr/pkg/share/cups/model

I have in my /usr/pkg/share/cups/model a Samsung folder with:

ML-1250-pxlmono.ppd

So the full path is

/usr/pkg/share/cups/model/Samsung/ML-1250-pxlmono.ppd

Once you put the files in the folder you will have to restart cups.
(/etc/rc.d/cupsd restart)

> do I need to add something else to the setup?  I don't think I need
> all the foomatic stuff since I have the ppd already.
>
> Brian

You may also need foomatic-filters and foomatic-filters-cups from
pkgsrc.  For the pxlmono drivers, I did, but I don't know about the gdi
ones.  Likewise, you might be interested in cupsomatic-ppds (also in
pkgsrc).

I have CUPS working with both a Samsung ML-1430 and a Samsung ML-1250
(one through a NetGear print server), so I hope that helps.

 Peter Bui
 University of Notre Dame
 Computer Science