Subject: Re: CUPS setup questions- almost there (perhaps)
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Brian McEwen <bmcewen@comcast.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/11/2005 12:46:04
On Jul 11, 2005, at 12:09 PM, Peter Bui wrote:

> So the full path is
>
> /usr/pkg/share/cups/model/Samsung/ML-1250-pxlmono.ppd
>
> Once you put the files in the folder you will have to restart cups.
> (/etc/rc.d/cupsd restart)

Great, that helps.  although my cups doesn't support restart (?) just
-F -f flags for foreground/background.  Mayeb it will listen to a
SIGHUP or something.  I just rebooted, I needed to do that for
something else anyway.

> You may also need foomatic-filters and foomatic-filters-cups from
> pkgsrc.  For the pxlmono drivers, I did, but I don't know about the
> gdi
> ones.  Likewise, you might be interested in cupsomatic-ppds (also in
> pkgsrc).

well, in my pkgsrc: ( cobalt -current)

foomatic-filters won't build, the mpage component breaks

===> Building for mpage-2.5
cc -O2 -O2 -s -DPAGE_DEF= -DLIBDIR=\"/usr/pkg/share/mpage\" -
DDEFAULT_ENCODING=1 -DDEFAULTSMARGIN=20 -DSPOOLER=BSD_SPOOLER -Wall  -
c glob.c
glob.c:303: error: parse error before ';' token
glob.c:389:16: #if with no expression
glob.c:391:16: #if with no expression
glob.c:393:16: #if with no expression
*** Error code 1

And I don't see foomatic-filters-cups as a standalone item in pkgsrc/
print, but I do have a foomatic component (many of them) in gimp-
print-cups:

$locate foomatic | less
[...]
/usr/pkgsrc/print/gimp-print-cups/work/gimp-print-4.2.7/src/foomatic/
foomatic-templates-ijs/ImageType.xml
[...]

> I have CUPS working with both a Samsung ML-1430 and a Samsung ML-1250
> (one through a NetGear print server), so I hope that helps.

I'll bang away at it for a while.  Thanks for the reply!

Brian