Subject: kerberos with NetBSD 2.0
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Thierry Lacoste <th.lacoste@wanadoo.fr>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/11/2005 12:31:59
I installed an apache server on 2.0. with SSL and mod_auth_kerb.
I also installed pure-ftpd so that authors can upload their web pages.
My plan is to make pure-ftpd use kerberos authentication and
local identification (authors will have a local account with their home
directory inside the directory  exported by apache).
The problem is that I can't even su or login:

$ su - lacostet
lacostet@MIAGE.UNIV-PARIS12.FR's Password:
su: krb5_verify_user: failed to find
host/pegase.miage.univ-paris12.fr@MIAGE.UNIV-PARIS12.FR in keytab
FILE:/etc/krb5.keytab

kinit works:

$ kinit lacostet
lacostet@MIAGE.UNIV-PARIS12.FR's Password:
kinit: NOTICE: ticket renewable lifetime is 1 week
kinit: converting creds: Cannot contact any KDC for requested realm
$ klist
Credentials cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_1000
        Principal: lacostet@MIAGE.UNIV-PARIS12.FR

  Issued           Expires          Principal
Jul 11 12:07:03  Jul 11 22:07:03
krbtgt/MIAGE.UNIV-PARIS12.FR@MIAGE.UNIV-PARIS12.FR
Jul 11 12:07:03  Jul 11 22:07:03
krbtgt/MIAGE.UNIV-PARIS12.FR@MIAGE.UNIV-PARIS12.FR

   V4-ticket file: /tmp/tkt1000
klist: No ticket file (tf_util)

Here's my /etc/krb5.conf:

$ more /etc/krb5.conf
[libdefaults]
 default_realm = MIAGE.UNIV-PARIS12.FR

[realms]
 MIAGE.UNIV-PARIS12.FR = {
  kdc = tse4
  admin_server = tse4
  default_domain = miage.univ-paris12.fr
 }

[domain_realm]
 .miage.univ-paris12.fr = MIAGE.UNIV-PARIS12.FR
 miage.univ-paris12.fr = MIAGE.UNIV-PARIS12.FR

On -current I have no such problem.
Is it related to pam not being present on 2.0?
Any tip?

Regards,
Thierry.