Subject: Re: lyx and lyx: Error detected by libpthread: Destroying locked
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/08/2005 20:37:16
On Fri, 8 Jul 2005, Christos Zoulas wrote:

> | The system ran 1.6.x for a long time. I made many packages.
> |
> | I updated same system to 2.0.2. I continued to use same old 1.6.x
> | packages.
> |
> | I installed lyx-qt. But I did not reinstall the dependencies. The
> | dependencies were from 1.6.x and they included and used pth (from
> | package).
>
> But if it is using pth, how can it use scheduler-activation based pthreads,
> and print an assertion from that code?

I am not sure. I guess the lyx-qt used the NetBSD native pthreads, while
its dependencies used pth. I thought that was what originally caused my
problem -- using a mix of old pth with new native pthreads. So I thought I
could fix it; I removed pth package and all packages that depended on it
and then reinstalled. I saw same error. But now I understand better.
Thanks.

  Jeremy C. Reed

  	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
 	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/