Subject: Re: USB drives, contiguous kernel memory.
To: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/07/2005 21:37:31
On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 02:13:17AM -0500, Richard Rauch wrote:
> Thanks for the little script.
>
> I'm not even 100% sure that I needed it.  I (re)discovered that the USB
> drive's MS-DOS filesystem is, for some reason, put on disklabel partition
> e.  (Why not a, as with CD filesystems?)  I only tried the obvious sd0a
> prior to running your script.  Now I have sd0e mounted.

IIRC the four mbr partitions become 'e', 'f', 'g' and 'h'.  Any extended
paritions fill in from 'i' until they run out of the 16 partition limit
is reached.

I think CDs actuallg get 'a' == 'd' (the whole disk) because of the
absence of any other partitioning information.

An mbr disk with a single partition could have 'a' set to that partition,
which might be less confusing.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk