Subject: =?utf-8?b?c2NoZWRfeWllbGQoKQ==?= and relinquishing CPU
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Dan MacLean <dmaclean82@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/05/2005 23:10:13
A program I am writing is currently having a problem with relinquishing the CPU
to other processes.  The only thing I've found thus far to do something like
this is the sched_yield() call.  However, the manual page states that this will
only give control of the CPU to another thread within the same process.  Since
my program is a single thread, this does nothing.  Are there any other system
calls that will give up the CPU to another process, instead of simply another
thread within the same process?  Or perhaps does anyone know of a workaround
that will accomplish the same thing?

-Dan MacLean