Subject: Re: pinging from NetBSD router slow than from workstation
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/05/2005 14:18:56
On Tue, 5 Jul 2005, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

>> 6450 ms can't be correct and the negative number is wrong too.
>
> It looks like your system clock is not behaving properly. From your dmesg
> output, this system should have a CPU cycle counter. Maybe it's one
> of these CPU with a broken TSC ? If so, running a 'while (1);' loop (or
> anything else that will keep the CPU 100% busy) may help.

I see that it does help. I do a while loop in one shell and the ping in
another console and now it behaves correctly. It is basically same speed
as on my workstation. Thanks for the workaround.

Any fix? Not a big deal, as I am replacing this hardware soon.

  Jeremy C. Reed

  	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
 	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/