Subject: Need your help to debug mbuf leaks
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Mirla, Pavan Kumar <pavan@riverstonenet.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/05/2005 08:24:00
=20

Hi,

I am facing a problem where I get error messages like " mclpool
exhausted, increase NMBCLUSTERS". When I type in "netstat -m" I see big
number of calls to protocol drain routines.

I suspect a memory leak here.I wanted to know if we can free the mbufs
dynamically before it reaches starvation.What are the possible causes
for this situation.If you could provide pointers it will help me.I am
stuck with this issue.

This situation happens when I enable tcpdump on the interfaces.I need to
have tcpdump on my interfaces to make my interfaces be in promisc mode.=20

If you need the logs.I will provide them to you.
I am using netBSD virtual machines instances using vmware sofware.

Thanks & Regards,
Pavan=20