Subject: startx, only on wscons screen 0
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Dan LaBell <dan4l-nospam@verizon.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/04/2005 18:41:08
I can only startx from wscons screen 0, any other screen and I have
problems.
Keyboard entry goes to the underlying virtual terminal, and enter will
make the screen shift,
(and wrap ) Depending on the driver, and video ram, the screen can seem
almost normal, to completely trashed.  I tried various options to X
(vtxx, etc), and various wscons options,
changed ram allocated, but it seems to be simply either starts on
initial console (screen 0)
and works, or not.
Is this a known issue?  I believe I've hit similiar problems with some
linux live cd distribs, (certain options to knoppix,etc), but didn't
really care at the time.  This gave me some problems at first, since I
don't normally use ttyE0 for anything since it is stuck at 80x25.

NetBSD is 2.0.2 , cpu is VIA C3 Ezra, X11 is 4.4.0, video is sis630