Subject: Re: Doubt about hpcmips
To: Frederico Cabral <f.cabral@az.netcabo.pt>
From: Jeff Rizzo <riz@NetBSD.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/02/2005 07:45:17
--jI8keyz6grp/JLjh

On Fri, Jul 01, 2005 at 10:05:36PM -0000, Frederico Cabral wrote:
> Good evening,
> =20
>     I am interesting in a NEC Mobilepro 780, which is listed in the Suppo=
rted
> WindowsCE machines, and in the Supported WindowsCE Devices, there isn't a
> Wireless Network Interface. However, in the supported PCMCIA Hardware the=
re is
> a big list of network interfaces (http://www.netbsd.org/Hardware/pcmcia.h=
tml).
>     Does the Wireless Network interfaces, that are supported by NetBSD are
> supported in all platforms?

Yes, for the most part, platform-independent drivers allow hardware to work
on all NetBSD platforms that support a particular bus.  I have successfully
used a Lucent WaveLAN ("wi") card on an hpcsh device; I see no reason why
any card supported by NetBSD wouldn't work for you.

+j

--jI8keyz6grp/JLjh

--jI8keyz6grp/JLjh--