Subject: Re: sysinst via PXE on i386?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 07/01/2005 12:36:54
On Fri, 1 Jul 2005, Quentin Garnier wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 01, 2005 at 11:52:30AM -0700, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> > Do we have any docs on getting sysinst started via a PXE boot on i386?
> >
> > I don't have a floppy. And I don't want to boot via CD.
> >
> > What image is needed to be booted?
>
> You don't boot a floppy image, you just boot one of the installation
> kernel you find in binary/kernel.

Thanks!

Okay, I have made the PXE boot the pxeboot_ia32.bin file. (I can't boot
the kernel directly at first because "NBP is too big to fit in free base
memory").

And I have a NFS mount setup and DHCP gives that information.

And it boots my netbsd (which is the gunzipped netbsd-INSTALL.gz).

And now I have sysinst!

I will document all the DHCPD, TFTPD and other configurations and steps.

Thanks again,

 Jeremy C. Reed

	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/