Subject: USB SuperDisk not working... help please...
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: None <qatmo-gizmo@stanfordalumni.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/22/2005 11:56:10
I have 2 imation "superdisk usb drive for macintosh" and
one usb dongle (I assume usb to ide interface) that came
with the m2.  All work under windows xp in any combination,
nothing works under NetBSD!  No drives are ever attached.

The model numbers are listed, with the drive model inside the box:
sd-usb-m	lkm-f733-1
sd-usb-m2	lkm-f933-1

When pluging in the usb cable with the drive attached
and powered (or at boot), dmesg shows:

umass0 at uhub0 port 1 configuration 1 interface 0
umass0: Shuttle Technology Inc. E-USB Bridge, rev 1.00/2.00, addr 2
umass0: using ATAPI over CBI with CCI
atapibus1 at umass0: 2 targets

On removal of the usb cable, dmsg shows:

umass0: CBI reset failed, STALLED
umass0: CBI bulk-in stall clear failed, STALLED
umass0: CBI bulk-out stall clear failed, STALLED
umass: at uhub0 port 1 (addr 2) disconnected
atapibus1 detached
umass detached

Note that no drives show up!  The kernel (GENERIC) has the following:

umass*	at uhub? port ? configuration ? interface ?
wd* at umass?

The dongle (which came with sd-usb-m2) has the following inside:

2 chips by Shuttle Technology labelled:
eusb-01 f9901-b725 6t12778-4
eusb-c3 9912e

memory chip labelled:
oki m514256b

probable rom chip labelled:
R37

The is on a Dell insprion 1100 laptop, with netbsd i386 2.0 =

generic kernel.

usbdevs -v:

Controller /dev/usb0:
addr 1: full speed, self powered, config 1, UHCI root hub(0x0000),
Intel(0x8086), rev 1.00
 port 1 addr 2: full speed, self powered, config 1, E-USB Bridge(0x0001),=

Shuttle Technology Inc.(0x04e6), rev 2.00
 port 2 powered
Controller /dev/usb1:
addr 1: full speed, self powered, config 1, UHCI root hub(0x0000),
Intel(0x8086), rev 1.00
 port 1 powered
 port 2 powered
Controller /dev/usb2:
addr 1: full speed, self powered, config 1, UHCI root hub(0x0000),
Intel(0x8086), rev 1.00
 port 1 powered
 port 2 powered
Controller /dev/usb3:
addr 1: high speed, self powered, config 1, EHCI root hub(0x0000),
Intel(0x8086), rev 1.00
 port 1 powered
 port 2 powered
 port 3 powered