Subject: Re: amd and nis?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Alexander Klink <aklink@igd.fhg.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/22/2005 10:35:58
Dear Clark & all,

On Thu, Apr 21, 2005 at 09:54:27PM +0000, Sir Clark Frazier Hale I wrote:
> format for it's maps.  I would suspect there are utilities that would
> convert back and forth between Linux/SunOS and BSD style maps, but I have
> never had the need.
Yes, I found automount2amd to be quite useful (it's a perl script
from the Debian am-utils package) ... I need it here as I have no
influence on what is available via NIS ...

> Each map needs to have its own section.  You should not have to specify a
> section for /amd, there is no amd.master
OK, I guess that was my biggest misconception, thanks for the
clarification.
I wrote myself a small perl script that fetches the auto.master
from NIS and creates the corresponding amd-maps. Works great now.

Greetings,
		Alex

P.S.: For the convenience of users who will be looking in the archive
later, I've attached my script. Of course you'll need to change the
global section and maybe the ypcat command (I only mount rw mountable
exports and don't convert any options, so if you need something fancy,
this might not work).