Subject: Re: Help with IPsec over NAT
To: David Wetzel <dave@turbocat.de>
From: Harry Waddell <waddell@caravan.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/20/2005 19:19:38
On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 19:01:11 +0200
David Wetzel <dave@turbocat.de> wrote:

> hi,
>
> for me vtun from pkgsrc is a good tunnel.
> But you need a Unix on both sides IIRC.
>
> dave
>
> ---
>    _  _
>  _(_)(_)_  David Wetzel, Turbocat's Development,
> (_) __ (_) Buchhorster Strasse 23, D-16567 Muehlenbeck/Berlin, FRG,
>   _/  \_   Fax +49 33056 82835 Phone +49 33056 82834
>  (______)  http://www.turbocat.de/

openvpn v2 seems to work pretty well too. openvpn is supported on just about
anything for tcp/udp tunneling, but supports fewer types of systems if you want
an ethernet bridge. I set up a pretty complicated vpn for a customer
and it has worked quite well under pretty heavy loads. First time setup is not
too simple though.

--
Harry Waddell
Caravan Electronic Publishing