Subject: Re: newsyslog defaults
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Richard Braun <syn@sceen.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/20/2005 20:39:57
--DKU6Jbt7q3WqK7+M

On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 11:24:28AM -0700, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> If not pidfile, then it defaults to _PATH_SYSLOGDPID.

That part is not well documented. Should I send a PR ?

> So for Apache, you would want to set the pidfile to the PidFile as
> defined in httpd.conf and the signum to SIGUSR1 for graceful.
> Graceful is good because you won't lose logs and you won't lose HTTP
> service.

Yes, that's what I was doing too, but as there are many log files, I now
use BNZP, and restart apache with cron. My problem concerns more ipmon,
since it's not clear if ipmon waits for SIGHUP or another signal to
reopen its log file.

--=20
Richard Braun

--DKU6Jbt7q3WqK7+M