Subject: Re: lpd error message.
To: James K. Lowden <jklowden@schemamania.org>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/20/2005 11:10:11
On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 10:21:41AM -0400, James K. Lowden wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 06:38:31 -0500, Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org> wrote:
> > I am getting a rather opaque error message from lpd.  Maybe someone
> > can help.
> >
> > Apr 20 06:07:12 cyclopes lpd[6021]: ps: job could not be printed
> > (cfA003psocrates)
> > This all used to work with a NetBSD 1.6 box (hermes) standing in
> > for cyclopes. Cyclopes is running 2.0.
 [...]
> Could it be /etc/hosts.lpd on prometheus?

In fact, at one point it was.  But that was fixed.  I still have
this problem.

I'll go over it all again this afternoon or evening and see if
I did anything terribly stupid.  (Well, anything terribly stupid
that might affect this.  In the general case, I fear that it's a
foregone conclusion...)

> And when, pray tell, did you last make a *proper* sacrifice to Zeus?
> Mustn't overlook these things, you know.

Well, that could be.  I also have on occasion taken Helenic gods'
names in vain, as in "By the wart on Aprhodite's nose!"  But I
didn't think that they would be so touchy.

What, exactly, does Zeus take as a proper sacrifice?  I seem to
remember something about burning the bones of an animal, but that
might not be appreciated as my memory is that the gods got tricked
on that one.

Gods really are a difficult lot.