Subject: Re: tkinfo X resources
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@tac.gw.com>
From: James K. Lowden <jklowden@schemamania.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/18/2005 01:10:27
christos@tac.gw.com (Christos Zoulas) wrote:
> In article <20050417231240.50b4ec9e.jklowden@schemamania.org>,
> James K. Lowden <jklowden@schemamania.org> wrote:
> >
> >What, please, do I put in my .Xdefaults file to control the font in
> >tkinfo?  It's none of these:
> You can use editres to figure what resources to change.

Thanks, Christos, I had tried that.  I followed these instructions:
	http://www.le.ac.uk/cc/dsss/docs/xcustom.shtml

When I choose "Get Tree" from the Commands menu, and click the crosshairs
cursor on tkinfo, I eventually see "It appears that this client does not
understand the Editres Protocol."

I found the answer, though.

In trying to track down tkinfo with ps(1), I noticed tkinfo is a wish(1)
script.  I know, you old timers knew that.  Well, scripts, they can be
read.  and sure enough a little searching led me to try these nifties[1]:

Tkinfo*font: -adobe-courier-medium-r-normal--17-100-100-100-m-90-iso8859-1
Tkinfo*Text.font:
-adobe-courier-medium-r-normal--14-100-100-100-m-90-iso8859-1
Tkinfo*Text.background: White

and all is well.

--jkl

[1] Of course it would be Tkinfo, with a capital T, right?  Just like
xterm, with a little x.