Subject: Re: upgrade from 2.0 to 2.0.2
To: Peter I. Hansen <pih@xbase.dk>
From: Klaus Klein <kleink@mibh.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/15/2005 10:20:19
On Friday, 15. April 2005 09:59, Peter I. Hansen wrote:

> So, you recommend the reverse method of the one Martti use? :

It's not quite "reverse", but... :-)  Some nits:

> cd /usr/src
> cvs update -dPA -r netbsd-2-0
> cd /usr/xsrc
> cvs update -dPA -r netbsd-2-0

While I'm at it, note that this won't get you the 2.0.2 release but
the latest from the netbsd-2-0 branch.  This shouldn't matter much
and even is convenient when building from source since the changes
will consist of bug fixes only, but if it's the netbsd-2-0-2-RELEASE
tag which you should check out if you really need 2.0.2.

> cd sys/arch/i386/conf
> config GENERIC
> cd ../compile/GENERIC
> make dependall install

(Or obtain the binary from the release sets.)
I'd throw in a "reboot" here.

> cd /usr/src
> ./build.sh -uxE -D / build

(Or install the binary sets.)